Dr. Dean Ornish showed that his plant-based diet, exercise, and stress management intervention could in effect reverse the aging of our DNA. What effect might the stress management component have had?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter and get the Evidence-Based Eating Guide: A Healthy Living Resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up at
Here’s a link to the backgrounder video that presents the original Ornish study: Research Into Reversing Aging ( I’ll cover the comparable effects of diet and exercise in my next video Telomeres – Cap It All Off with Diet.
I have a few videos on using aromatherapy and other modalities to help deal with stress:
• Orange Aromatherapy for Anxiety (
• Lavender for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (
• Improving Mood Through Diet (
• Wake Up and Smell the Saffron (
• Saffron vs. Prozac (
For life extension in general, see:
• Methionine Restriction as a Life Extension Strategy (
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (
• Why Do We Age? (
• Caloric Restriction vs. Animal Protein Restriction (
• Turning the Clock Back 14 Years (
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he’ll try to answer it!