Watch this video to learn HEALTH BENEFITS OF CUMIN SEEDS AND CUMIN POWDER.
Cumin seeds or better known to Indians as Jeera (जीरा) – this Indian spice is used in our daily cooking and for tempering. Cumin is not only known for its amazing flavour but also has a number of health benefits too. This is used as a whole spice or crushed to powder. For ancient times both Jeera seeds and powders are recognized for their medeicinal values.
From indigestion to insomnia and also improve your sex life. The lovely aroma that Cumin seeds have can increase your hunger pangs.
Here are 9 best health benefits of Jeera/Cmuin Seeds And Cumin Powder For Hair, Skin and Health:
1. Improves digestion: Cumin seeds contains thymol and a few other essential oils. These help to stimulate the salivary glands, which in turn helps in the digestion of the food. Cumin/Jeera also helps to strengthen the digestive system. Drinking cumin tea is another way to treat irritable bowels. A warming and soothing cumin tea can be prepared by boiling cumin seeds in water and allowing it to steep for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Cures constipation: Jeera is high in fibre. This helps to boost the gastrointestinal tract activity, thus enabling the stimulation of enzymes. Ayurveda practitioners use a lot of cumin in medicines for preventing and curing digestive problems like piles and constipation.
3. Fights cancer: Cumin seeds contain cuminaldehyde, this compound helps in delaying growth of tumours.
4. Helps to regulate blood pressure and heart rate: Jeera seeds is high in potassium. This mineral helps to maintain fluctuating blood pressure levels in the body and heart rate. The monitoring properties in cumin seeds help patients who have heart disease.
5. Controls asthma and cold: Cumin has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that make it a great remedy to fight cold and asthma. It helps to soothe the inflamed muscles and also boosts the immune system to fight the infection.
6. Prevent Anaemia: Cumin is store house of iron, which is the main element in the production of haemoglobin. This helps to carry oxygen to different parts of the body. Women should incorporate cumin in their diet.
7. Important for pregnant mothers: Cumin is a rich source of iron and calcium. Hence, it is very good for lactating mothers. It helps in the production of milk. Pregnant women generally consume cumin in order to get relief from symptoms like nausea and constipation.
8. Helps memory power: Cumin is a store house of mineral like riboflavin, vitamin B6, niacin etc. These essential minerals help to maintain and restore memory. Improve your memorising skills by consuming cumin powder on a regular basis.
9. Helps fight skin Disorders:
Cumin contains vitamin-E. This is essential for the maintaining good skin health. It also prevents premature aging and makes the skin looking young and supple.
Apart from the above benefits jeera is expteremely useful in treating hair loss, getting shiny hair, treating dandruff. Jeera can be used as an ingredient to prepare face pack and get glowing skin.
Look and feel healthy by consuming cumin seeds/cumin powderr regularly!
For more videos subscribe to
Also watch Herbs & Their Health Benefits:
Dalchini – Cinnamon For Weight Loss
Elaichi – Cardamom – Health Benefits
Other Ingredients And Their Health Benefits
Sweet Corn For Health- Benefits Nutrients In Corn
Beans Nutrition & Health Benefits
Imli Tamarind Fruit Health Benefits
Vanilla Extract Health Benefits
Also read anazing health benefits of Jeera –
Stylecraze Beauty Videos:-
Stylecraze Yoga Videos :-
Stylecraze Fitness Videos :- g