If you want some doTERRA lavender essential oil of your own, shoot me an email – email@example.com – or visit this site – www.mydoterra.com/amybaumetz/
doTERRA lavender essential oil is like the “swiss army knife” of essential oils – when in doubt, use lavender! It’s gentle enough for our little girl yet it’s powerful enough to support our bodies during serious health concerns that come our way.
Lavender essential oil has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used lavender essential oil for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume; it is widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities which continue to be lavender’s most notable qualities. Lavender essential oil is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Due to lavender essential oil’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
Some of my favorite ways to use lavender essential oil:
– Supports healthy sleep – a couple drops in a diffuser, or spray some on your pillow, or a drop of the bottom of each foot before bed
– Supports a calm mood – when I’m worked up or someone I love is worked up lavender essential oil is great to apply topically or diffuse to help calm moods
– Supports healthy skin – whether that’s a bug bite, or an irritation or more
– Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining lavender essential oil with water in a spray bottle
– Take internally to reduce anxious feelings*
– Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts
– Supports healthy focus and concentration – apply topically or diffuse with vetiver essential oil to uplift mood
– Seasonal threats – supports open airways and relief from seasonal responses
– Use topically on pulse points, over heart, or in a capsule to support a healthy blood pressure
– Inhale or use topically on temples and back of neck to sooth occasional head discomfort
Lavender essential oil blends well with:
– Most oils
– Especially citrus oils
– Clary sage
Every essential oil has an emotional component. Lavender essential oil is the Oil of Communication. It calms the insecurities that are felt when one risks their true thoughts and feelings. Lavender essential oil addresses a deep fear of being seen and heard. Individuals in need of lavender hide within, blocking all forms of true self-expression. Lavender essential oil supports individuals in releasing tension and constriction that stems from ear of expressing one’s Self. Due to past experiences, they may believe it is not safe to express themselves. Strong feelings of being unlovable, unimportant, or unheard can accompany this condition. As individuals learn to communicate their deepest thoughts and feelings, they are liberated from their self-inflicted prison. Is is through open and honest communication that an individual experiences unconditional love and acceptance. Through lavender essential oil’s courageous spirit, one is free toe her their True Self with others. (This excerpt taken from Emotions and Essential Oils: A Modern Resource for Healing)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.